- COL-CAP Concept. Webinar okt. 2020
- Treatment strategies for sialorrhea. Webinar nov. 2020
- Behandling af spastisk arm. Ottestad okt. 2020
- Nordisk kursus i spasticitetsbeh. RH Glostrup nov. 2020
- Intensive Botulinum Neurotoxin A workshop. Bonn dec. 2020
- Toxins. Virtual Conference. Jan. 2021
- Toxins. Göteborg Jan. 2022
|Date:||4 November 2020|
|Time:||17:00 - 18:30 h (CEST)|
Dr. Mircea Oprica, MD, PhD
Sialorrhea/hypersalivation occurs in congenital conditions such as cerebral palsy and in acquired neurological diseases such as Parkinson‘s, stroke, TBI, neuromuscular, neuroinflammatory and other neurodegenerative diseases. The cause of sialorrhea is usually a reduced ability to swallow saliva that can lead to both medical problems such as increased risk of aspiration, pneumonia, infection, poor oral hygiene and dental problems as well as social problems due to stigma. Sialorrhea negatively affects the quality of life of a large proportion of patients. Since May 2019, Incobotulinum toxin has been recommended by European Medical Agency for the treatment of chronic sialorrhea caused by neurological diseases.
Anatomy and physiology
- Overview of treatment strategies
- Siaxi (Placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind study of incobotulinumtoxinA for sialorrhea)
- Theory and practical aspects
- Use of anatomical landmarks
- Use of ultrasound
- Tips and tricks
Participation is free of charge for all healthcare professionals.
For questions/help to registration, please contact Victoria Wällensjö.